TRAINS55a
On time again, Mr. Feedwater.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Joy of Finding Missing Photos





Last night I got out my old Mac PowerBook 3400c laptop, which I haven't used in several years, to see if I could find an old Filemaker Pro database file I needed to update. Not only did I find the data file, but I discovered a treasure trove of photos and other files I had completely forgotten about. For whatever reason, I had never copied any of them over to my iMacs when I upgraded. Included in my "find" were all of the construction progress photos of my Railroad-Line Challenge I freight house project (2003) as well as a number of work train construction photos from 2001-02. And all this time I thought those had been lost or deleted over the years. So I'm going to copy all of them to a 2GB compact flash card and then burn them to a DVD.

This morning I spent well over an hour poring over the various folders and files that are still on the laptop's hard drive. I was amazed at how many things I had thought were long lost. I'm glad now that I've kept the PowerBook plugged in and in sleep mode all these years, so the battery would stay up. It's over 11 years old but is still in great condition.

A few of the "missing" photos are attached.

No comments:

TRAINS47

About Me

My photo
I'm a 63-year-old fool who feels like he's still in his 40's. I retired 10 years ago, while I was still young enough to enjoy retirement - and still able to remember how to spell my name.
CMSLogo100cg
madewithfreeway